This position is responsible for responding to inquiries and processing applications and documents in support of a federal government agency. The primary function of this position includes but not limited to the following (processing paper and electronic applications, using multiple systems,following SOP's and business rules). While Records Management Specialists may be assigned to perform one of the primary functions described below, they will also be cross-trained to perform secondary duties according to business needs.
- Process paper and electronic documents in accordance with current SOP's.
- Selection of appropriate method from a wide variety of procedures or simple interpretations of a limited number of SOP's.
- Understanding multiple data entry systems.
- Selection and identification of relevant data, labeling, jackets, logging, assignments and all associated data entry with a high level of accuracy.
- Perform data entry functions, as needed.
- Redact patient and/or manufacturer data.
- High School Diploma; BS degree preferred. Three (3) years related experience with two (2) years direct experience processing documents and at least one (1) year of office, records, or computer experience.
- Technical background with knowledge of folder structure systems for electronic documents.
- Proficient with office automation tools such as Microsoft Office and other common desktop applications.
- Must have a combination of excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift and move standard boxes (35 lbs.).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced paper and electronic production environment.
- Requires ability to bend and stretch to reach files, and push a fully loaded mail cart.
Ability to type 40 words per minute with no more than two errors.